Satoru Vzc

| map-marker Brockway, Pennsylvania

Contacted lopi and found out they had a president’s day sale so I purchased a propane gas fireplace insert

I'm wanting to know if there are any discounts or coupons before I buy a lopi 430 deluxe fireplace gas insert

User's recommendation: Lopi has very good products and had immediate response

LaVerne D Vff
map-marker Post Falls, Idaho

Our insert is horrible

Lopi Stoves - Our insert is horrible
Doesnt heat well, bower is way under efficient, hooper doesnt hold a bag of pellets, pellets over flow and burn in the ash pan, needs to be cleaned every couple days or it will hardly light, this is the most expensive disappointment Ive ever bought.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks fine
Cons:
  • Not efficient

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t buy the pellet stove insert

Greg B Rxo

| map-marker Gallatin, Tennessee

Liberty Stove Fan bent and loud from Day 1......Replacement denied

My Lopi Liberty woodstove fan has been loud and bent from day 1. When I asked for a replacement fan blade they refused to sell me just the blades.

The screen, blade and motor assembly is over $300.

Totally not customer oriented.

Take it or leave it approach.

Would not recommend this stove or Lopi to anyone.

Chuck Kniest their customer service rep is very short with customers. Doesnt' offer alternatives, just the easy out answer of "no"

User's recommendation: Run.......do not buy Lopi if you want to have a ventilated stove.

Javeion Ptb

#!% Hello Greg, (In case you were wondering why the first three letters are symbols, I had to start with 3 symbols to be able to post as a guest.) I am a Lopi dealer who has heated 4800 square feet portion of our showroom with a Liberty for well over twenty years, in business since 1981. I just now saw your comments and looked up the replacement parts list and indeed see that no replacement blade is available by itself for the fan for the latest model that changed in 2020.

I am assuming you do not have an older version built before 2020 that would have a "squirrel cage" type blower. I myself have never yet had a bent fan blade complaint on this stove. However, I have worked with other similar fan blade issues on other stoves, and I think it would worth trying to simply remove the fan assembly from its mounting and hand bend the blade (they are usually soft enough to move by hand) so it does not brush up against the housing anywhere and hopefully, that should solve your issue. It may be a good idea to try spin it by hand first to make sure that what you did to re-bend it is successful in spinning freely without touching anything.

Then mount it and try it again during the next fire. If it works, you are done, but if it is still rubbing on something, it is possible that in moving really fast, that it still may need a second attempt to adjust it because in moving superfast when it is actually working, it still may be hitting the housing. If you need more help, please feel free to contact me at fran@***.net. Make sure to send your phone number and remind me who you are and what your issue is so I can call you when I have a moment.

I could also give you some of my tips to get the absolute best performance from that Liberty based on my 43 years of industry experience that I achieve routinely and have long taken for granted everyday it gets used to heat my showroom. Here is a link to a 15 year old video of my Liberty getting top performance burning smoke for fuel (long before the Liberty's revision and slight remodel in 2020.) https://***/Videos/Product-Showcase (to copy and paste into your address bar.) I have NEVER had any commercial utility type bill in that entire time since I started my business in either my personal home or my business, and I am a walking encyclopedia of knowledge about everything related to burning wood, especially in a high-efficiency stove! I volunteer for you to contact me to pick my brain. The Liberty is our customer's favorite stove for large areas, but I am very active with my wood stove customers after the sale, to help them get the exact same top performance after the sale as I routinely, predictably expect and get from my Liberty every day I use it.

I am rather unusual in that I charge absolutely nothing to help other fellow woodburners in need, to consult with me to help resolve their issues that their dealer won't or can't help them resolve. So do you think the bent place is rubbing on the blower housing somewhere?

I will look forward to trying to help you and hope you reply to my email with your phone number. Fran

Alyn Hzs

| map-marker Yuba City, California

Lopi Evergreen woodstove

falseI made a HUGE mistake when I bought this terrible stove . I payed $4038.00 after doing much research and looking at many stoves , I thought LOPI was the best choice , BOY was I wrong .

I live in the foothills of the Seirra Nevada Mountains east of Sacramento , I can get down to 20 degree's or colder many nights . I have a 1120 sq ft house and the stove struggles to get the temputer up to 75 degrees and that's only if I load the fire box to the MAX ! It only puts out heat from the front ...not the sides ...not the top ... not the bottom.

They put heat sheilds on the sides that I had to remove and I had to remove some of the fire bricks ( on the sides ) to get heat to radiate from the sides . They should have tested this stove for a year or more before putting it into production . The firebox is only 2 cu ft .

and the floor of the firebox is only 2 inches from the door sill so every time I open the door hot coals and ashes fall out onto the hearth ! DON'T BUY THIS STOVE !Don't

User's recommendation: Don't buy this terrible woodstove !

Criss Dhz
map-marker Salamanca, New York

Let people know what they are getting

Working very well we had no problems with Ares vary quiet running great investment strongly recommend pellet stove

User's recommendation: Don't change a thing

Resolved
Ashvin Tsz

Resolved: Can’t get service from Rich’s it’s been 2 months and they say they are waiting on parts!

Updated by user Dec 30, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. It only took 3 visits in 3 months and finally 45 minutes to fix the part that is under warranty.

Rich's waved the service fees. Service manager told my husband she dealing with the manufacturer is why it took so long. My opinion Rich's service department doesn't have enough qualified service people.

Once again our warranty is still good for 3 more yrs. This is the same part that has been replaced 2x and the stove only runs maybe 6 months of the year.

Original review Nov 30, 2023
This is the second time on this Lopi stove in 3 yrs we have had to wait months for service. They say the parts arent available and they only have one pellet stove service technician.

We should have learned our lesson we bought a Harmon Pellet stove a few ago from Richs, cuz they said it was the best brand. Of course it was crap maybe 6 yrs we had it and it went out. There service was horrible then. We will never buy from them again.

The service department women are nice but pretty sure they take a lot crap from customers who cant get service. If you cant provide good service/technician dont sell the products!!!
Pros:
  • We like it very much
Cons:
  • Getting service on it

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from Rich’s!

Criss Dhz
map-marker Salamanca, New York

Great product

Are pellet stove heats are home everyday very quiet we can enjoy our TV while it's running never had a problem with it great if you want to burn pellets I highly recommend don't change a thing

User's recommendation: Don't change a thing on the APG

Eilis Mzi

Moving a stove

Please call 360-609~5653 Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda

Preferred solution: Information

Heather W Vde

Terrible - Do NOT BUY

We bought an Answer Nex-Gen fireplace insert after a horrible, hard winter. We were hopeful that if we lost power it would be our saving grace. We even had the blower wired to a solar panel just in case. We have NEVER been able to get the insert to work. We had custom parts manufactured for it. We contacted the company who sold it to us. They basically told us to sell it on eBay. I'm glad we spent $4000 on a lemon. I would NEVER recommend this insert. Look somewhere else.
Loss:
Cons:
  • All of them

Preferred solution: A partial refund and have them take the stupid stove back.

User's recommendation: Don't buy it.

Barbara G Jrj

| map-marker Bremerton, Washington

We just installed a new lopi pellet stove, replacing one we bought used 20 years ago. Parts no longer available for the older one. But this new one is so loud we can't talk in the living room when it

Stove is so loud we can't converse in the same room. So disappointed...it was VERY expensive... we can't leave it on like the older one because it's so loud. Would like some support from lopi, or we're serious about returning it. We really wanted to buy something made in USA, but this is not worth 1/4 of the cost!beware of the loud noise this pellet insert makes
Guest

I had the same problem, after two months the dealer replaced the unit the new one was better. It's been just over one year now its getting Louder again. I will never buy anything from Lopi again.

map-marker Logan, Utah

Small Broken plastic piece

A small piece of plastic holding the batteries broke so the stove wouldn't work. The people who installed said it happens a lot. Lopi said to just buy a new box and replace it.

User's recommendation: Look at other options.

Kevin W Elq
map-marker Denver, Colorado

Technical question

what is the minimum distance that furniture or televisions need to be away from the Lopy evergreen wood-burning fireplace.?
Resolved
Carsten H Lis

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Had issues from the start.

Updated by user Apr 14, 2023

Repaired.

Original review Apr 14, 2023
Purchased Lopi Gas fireplace insert. Within a week the insert stopped working.

Took a couple of weeks for the dealer to get a tech out to repair. (Several broken/no show appts) Determined that main gas valve had failed. Turns out that a lot of these have failed resulting in supply issues. Had to wait almost 60 days for replacement part.

One of the reasons we purchased this brand is that it was manufactured in the states. However, as we discovered, the parts are not. Another week goes by and the insert shuts off uncommanded. Then cannot be relit.

Another month goes by with broken/no show repair appointments, and finally store owner shows up and determines remote receiver is faulty. More waiting for parts. It took a total of 6 months to get it operating. That was 3 years ago and it has been working flawlessly.

Yay! It does eat batteries. They last approximately 5 months whether you use it or not. The remote system runs exclusively on batteries even though it is plugged into the wall socket.

It has two separate systems.

One for manual operation and one for remote. It would have been great if the remote system could be powered by the 120v wall outlet until the power failed when it would switch to battery power.
Pros:
  • Reasonably priced
  • Stylish
  • Built in the usa
Cons:
  • Unreliable
  • Eat batteries
  • Parts take while to obtain

Preferred solution: Nothing really, just want to share experience.

User's recommendation: Shop for a more reliable unit.

Arlene W Ebg

Verified Buyer
| map-marker San Francisco, California

Complaint

Lopi Stoves - Complaint
Lopi Stoves - Complaint - Image 2
Lopi Stoves - Complaint - Image 3
This pellet stove is the worst stove made it smokes it continues to put so many pellets it bakes up the shot and catches fire or puts out the fire. Blows more cold air then hot. Says it heats up to 2000 sq feet and I have to run t 2 electric heaters plus my oven to heat 600 feet and its not the place who sold it its the manufacture
Loss:
Pros:
  • Its pretty
Cons:
  • I am freezing

User's recommendation: Do not waist your money

Guest

They are junk. And the owner is rude and will not take responsibility for his product.

I do not understand they manufacture them right here in the US. It’s not that hard of a design.

Why won’t they just build efficient stoves. Can not cost any more then to build bad ones

Lauro Emh

2 months into our insert- piece of crap

Insert fills house with smoke when you open the door. Lets smoke into house when you move bypass lever. Hard to start. We spent $6600 on this thing what a let down. Got a hold of Lopi, they told us our house is the problem no their stove. Look at the chimney connection-3.5 inch square opening? Lots of pipes inside the stove for a greener earth, smokes horrible outside. Weve had a wood stove for 40 years with no problem. Youve been warned

User's recommendation: Do not buy

map-marker Cortland, New York

Disappointed

Installed a new Lopi Answer insert and am having the worst buyer's remorse of my life. It's unbelievably picky about how and what it will burn, fills the room with smoke every time it's opened and is generally a pain the *** The blower noise is obscene and it barely heats the room its in. Run away from the expensive piece of junk as fast as you can.

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere and if possible avoid EPA stoves of this size.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article